I Remember

The Ann Street Memories blog about the lecture programs reminded me of the men you mentioned and others - H. Leo Boles, Brother Dunn (John?), Brother Ezell, B.C. Goodpasture, and many others. I think of all the good teachers we had in our daily Bible classes - Edd Holt, Leonard Johnson, James Turner, Lynn Headrick, others. Although I didn't always pay close attention, my mind absorbed the scriptures we studied and the application of them. Much that I learned then has remained somewhere in the recesses of my mind and is recalled today. I think of the daily chapel programs; Brother Turner and Brother Johnson sharing experiences of their early lives; (Brother Turner's journal telling how he worked for 50 cents a day or something like that. I remember Brother Johnson's comments on Proverbs 21:9 "Better to dwell in a corner of a housetop, Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." I think of Brother Brannan's and Brother Johnson's admonition to the young ladies regarding their behavior when on a date. I was greatly influenced by these admonitions. How blessed we were to have the opportunity to learn from godly men who lived what they taught. ~ Patricia Holmes Russell

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was Brother Gus Dunn

Roger Dill